Remember, your road to physical health isn’t going to adhere to a pre-formulated plan. Though meditation, CBD and Aromatherapy can help guide you towards full-body wellness, there are many other ways to support your health.
Yoga, exercise, journaling, mindfulness, mental health counseling, improving your diet – all those things can also contribute to your full-body wellness. As with any physical issues, it’s important to look at the issues holistically and incorporate any changes into your whole-body wellness plan.
HOW TO LIVE A NATURAL LIFESTYLE
One of the basic principles behind natural living is to use and eat things the way they are found in nature. Natural living means living in harmony with the earth and making the conscious choice to use sustainable, toxic-free and organic products. This applies to your food, self-care products, beauty products, clothes and actually everything you use in your daily life! Exactly what that looks like is different for each person. Here are some ideas to consider.
Reduce Toxic Load
Chemicals are everywhere. In our homes, our food and nearly every product you buy. Reducing your toxic load is essential to living a natural lifestyle. The more you can do to remove the toxins in your environment the happier your body will be.
- How do you do that? Replace store bought cleaners with natural options such as vinegar.
- Swap out cosmetics and body care products for safer, organic versions.
- Take off your shoes in the house to reduce the toxins you track inside.
Eat Real Food
- Processed food is engineered to have a long shelf life and to be palatable so you crave it past the point of hunger, not to nourish your body.
- Cooking your food from scratch is a big step toward feeding your body with what it needs.
- For an extra boost of anti-inflammatory care, stir CBD into smoothies, dips, or even a cup of cocoa.
- Make a few simple switches. Instead of getting something from the vending machine to combat the afternoon slump, try eating an orange and see how much better you feel.
Proactive Health Choices
It’s a powerful thing to make the choice to take care of yourself.
- Try gentle alternative remedies. This can be as simple as a cup of herbal tea to help you sleep or an invigorating essential oil blend for an energy boost. Naturally, CBD is one of our favorites to promote balance in the body and mind.
- Be sure to include mental health care. Consider what will help you feel your best, like time with friends, meditation, or counseling. Many people find that CBD helps improve sleep, which is key to emotional wellness. It’s also been shown to help reduce anxiety.
- Carve out time for self-care. Every person feels nurtured in different ways, so figure out what those are and make them a priority in your life.
- Getting enough movement is good for your health, both physical and mental. Take a walk or a yoga class – whatever makes you feel invigorated.
How to Use CBD for Everyday Health and Wellness
A growing body of medical research has uncovered the properties and benefits of medical cannabis. Today, patients are able to find relief from the symptoms of myriad health conditions. One of the active chemical compounds found in medical cannabis, cannabidiol or “CBD”, has been shown in clinical trials to have powerful effects.
But CBD isn’t only good for helping to manage the symptoms of chronic illnesses; it can also be used for everyday health and wellness. In this guide, we’ll explore some of the benefits CBD has in promoting wellness.
CBD: A Brief Introduction
Of the hundreds of chemical compounds found in cannabis, two of a class of chemicals called cannabinoids have received particular scrutiny by the medical research community. The first is tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. This psychoactive chemical produces the characteristic “high” – euphoric sensations – that can serve to alleviate symptoms of certain health conditions. CBD, on the other hand, is not psychoactive and does not interfere with active lifestyles. CBD has been shown in numerous clinical studies to have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects, and that has made it a safer alternative in treating symptoms than prescription painkillers and similar medications.
Cannabinoids are chemically similar to substances naturally produced by the human body in the endocannabinoid system. This system is responsible for regulating several important metabolic and cognitive processes, including the transmission of electrical signals between nerve endings and the brain. CBD binds to receptors in the endocannabinoid system, helping to restore any imbalances this system might be experiencing. This binding effect can also be beneficial in treating illness symptoms.
CBD is extracted from medical cannabis or industrial hemp plant material using carefully-controlled processes. In its concentrated form, it can be found in a wide range of products, including topical creams, oral tinctures, vaping cartridges, and edibles.
Everyday CBD Uses
CBD is a great choice when it comes to managing the symptoms of health conditions like chronic pain, injuries, arthritis, and so much more. It may come as a surprise, then, that CBD oils and CBD-rich products can also be used as part of an everyday wellness regimen.
Some of the most popular everyday uses include:
- Managing anxiety – In our lives, we may experience stress in our work and in our relationships. Anxiety is the result of high stress levels. In several studies, CBD has been shown to help reduce the sensations of anxiety, allowing the user to relax. Chronic anxiety may also lead to interruptions in sleep patterns, such as insomnia. Here, CBD’s calming effect helps to promote healthy, restorative rest.
- Improving mental focus and clarity – In people with attention deficit disorders like ADHD, cannabidiol (CBD) has been shown to help the mind focus. Even for people without an attention disorder, a busy day can lead to jumbled thoughts. CBD’s benefits in this arena are well known, and it is an ideal way to help improve focus and clarity.
- Promoting healthy hair, skin and lips – CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties are great in helping to reduce redness and irritation on your skin, hands, face, lips, and body. Topical creams containing CBD are readily available; these creams use a base of coconut oil, emu oil, other essential oils, or occasionally shea butter to moisturize the skin as it heals blemishes. CBD is also an effective antioxidant compound, which reduces the free radicals that can lead to premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. In fact, CBD may be even more effective as an anti-aging method than vitamins C and E. When massaged into the scalp, CBD creams can support stronger, thicker, more lustrous hair. Certain CBD creams may also help to maintain hair color. And, these products are so gentle that it can be used every day for a radiant, youthful appearance.
- Improving digestion and reducing nausea – CBD has been demonstrated to stimulate the appetite while curtailing the unpleasant effects of nausea. For those with digestive upsets, or patients experiencing the side effects of certain cancer treatments, CBD’s effects can be incredibly beneficial. For everyday use, oral tinctures or CBD edibles are a convenient way to support healthy digestive function.
- Reducing pain – CBD is well-known and relatively well studied regarding its ability to fight chronic pain. Topical CBD oils and creams can be used to treat everyday injuries, such as skin abrasions, burns, or wherever soreness manifests itself. CBD also helps to reduce inflammation associated with bug bites and stings – just gently rub the topical cream on the affected area for fast relief.
It is clear that medical cannabis and its chemical properties provide safe, effective benefits for many health conditions. Whether it is chronic pain, a serious illness, or an everyday treatment, CBD oils and creams are a great way to help support health and wellness in the human body.